For those of you who have yet to download the Battlefield 3 Beta, here is the intro video that was created for it. The video takes you on a tour of the open Beta gives you quick run down of the Rush Mode and character classes for the highly anticipated game.
There have been a few complaints about the beta for this game, but that's expected. The reason for the Beta is to fix any problems so that when the game is ready to launch it will be smooth sailing. DICE is building a list of fixes that it will make based on player feedback. Here's the first round of improvements that they will be working on before the game's released. These were posted on EA's Battlefield Blog:
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non-working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be live until Oct 10th.