Nintendo Power with all their...power...has released some information on the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3. Apparently Ubisoft, the developer, has been rather quiet on the matter and this is the first substantial set of facts given out by the company. I can assume that they have been quiet not because they think this version will be inferior to the other consoles, but it probably has to do with Nintendo trying to keep their hardware secretive for a bit longer. The game is set for release on October 30th for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Here is the list of mechanics in the Wii U version:
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Looks like a good amount of the game will deal with you touching the tablet and making things happen. SURPRISE!
Will you be holding out for the Wii U version of the game when it's inevitably released?